Vegetarian Stuffed Bell Peppers and Roasted Potatoes
Transitioning from a standard American diet (SAD) to a cleaner, less processed way of eating takes some time. The easiest way to start living a healthier lifestyle is by taking small steps. Finding and replacing one meal a day or even one meal a week with a healthier dish is a great place to start.
Eating healthy can be easy, fun and could even save you money. You could even take a family favorite recipe and learn how to make a healthier version. Speaking of family favorites, this is one our favorite. This simple, throw in the oven vegetarian recipe that will leave your taste buds wanting more!
- 1 large red pepper
- 4-5 mushrooms chopped
- 1 clove of garlic
- Grated cheese
- 1 cup of small broccoli trees
- 2 potatoes cut into chunks
- 1/2 leek chopped
- 1/2 courgette cubed
- Set the oven to roast or broil and wrap the pepper with foil. Make sure to add oil to the foil and then put the wrapped pepper in the oven.
- The potatoes need to be cubed and then boiled until soft but not quite mashable.
- Drain the potatoes and place them on a foil-lined baking sheet, sprinkling them with salt and pepper.
- Roast the potatoes in the oven for about 10 minutes.
- On the stove, fry the leeks and garlic for five minutes, or until soft.
- Add in the broccoli, mushrooms, and courgette cubes to create the filling for your peppers.
- Top with grated cheese and put back in the oven. After about three to five minutes, you will have a mouth-watering Vegetarian Stuffed Bell Peppers and Roasted Potatoes.
After you prepare this dish, let me know what you think. Did you make any modications?
Want more information or a free consult with me, click here!